Watermetrics is not constrained to a specific meter brand, it is brand agnostic and can work with either your preferred brand or use the best brand for the job type.
Watermetrics have considerable experience in each of the brand types and if required can draw from additional experience from the suppliers when selecting meters.
Inline Water Meters
- Typically most water consents will have an ultrasonic inline meter fitted to their consent take.
- Meters range from 65mm – 500mm in diameter.
- Offer a range of meters from vendors like: Siemens, Kronhe, Abb
- Highly reliable and accurate
- Mains power, battery power or solar power options available
- Verification required by National Environmental Standards every 5 years.
- Prewired and checked to Watermetrics logger.
- Can be used to monitor effluent flows.
Insertion Water Meters
- Lower purchase costs
- Lower installation costs
- Typically in the medium range of pipe sizes (80mm – 200mm)
- Ideal for on farm sub-metering – e.g. pivots.
- Easier to service if required – easy to remove and replace.
- Can be tuned for specific pipe and flow rates
Small Bore Water Meters
- Typically for stock tank or washdown water
- 20mm – 50mm
- Low price, Low Installation costs.
- More costly in the long run, annual verifications more prone to breaking down and wearing out (replacement equipment required).
- Accuracy tends to deviate over time.
- Can be interfered with by magnetics – less secure